A Professional Web Design Service
Orientation for New Staff
If you have hired new staff, and I designed your current website, here are some ways I can help:
I offer a variety of web services to my clients, and typically assist them in online marketing and outreach, legal compliance, and sales support. Some of the typical requests I receive from clients include:
- We’d like to keep track of how many people are visiting our website, and what’s most popular on our website.
- We want to enhance our mobile website, or make our website more mobile-friendly.
- We want to add a new section to our website as part of a campaign or promotion.
- We’ve built a checklist of changes and new features that we’d like for the website.
- We need to allow our customers to purchase things online.
- We need a blog so we can organize our news and event announcements, and take advantage of search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) to keep potential customers informed.
- We’re not sure how to make the best use of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media accounts that we have.
- We’d like to update the visual design of our website.
- We want to offer discounts and coupons through our website.
- We’d like to build a web application that allows people to calculate prices, or build an estimate, or count calories, or generate a printable PDF, etc.
If you would like to make changes to your website, feel free to get in touch. I can help you narrow down the available options and improve your website quickly and easily.
Training and Consulting
Need to get up to speed fast? Not sure what your website can or can’t do? Want some advice on how to build a web strategy, or how to make the best use of your website?
I have been performing training for small groups and individuals for eight years now, and I’d be happy to visit and help you and your staff make the most of your website. My training rates are very reasonable, and as a former college instructor, I can prepare materials and follow up with further instruction as much as you’d like.
If you’d like advice on the big picture, I’ve served hundreds of clients and I’ve seen many successful marketing plans and some not-so successful plans. I can help you develop a plan to get the most out of your website. If you’re thinking about new technology, there’s a good chance that I’ve used it, heard about it, or even know the person who created it. I’d be happy to help you discover the way a combination of market savvy and technology can make your business more successful.
I’m one of the few web designers who can both design and write code. I have taught Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator courses, as well as courses on the principles of design and design language. Clients like the Marin Convention & Visitors Bureau trust me to execute the visual design for their websites, adhering to their existing brand guidelines while developing an engaging online experience.
When your website starts to feel old or crusty to you, even if I designed it, I probably feel the same way. Even really good visual design needs to be updated from time to time. I’d be happy to create a new look or refine the existing look of your website, whichever you feel is most appropriate.
If you’d like help with your website, and have a current support or hosting contract, I’m an email or a phone call away. Please get in touch if you’d like to ask me anything. Sometimes I may seem like the guy behind the scenes, but I’m happy to visit in person and help as much as you’d like.
For New Staff Members
If you are a new employee or staff member, congratulations! I’m ready to help you as much as you need. In my experience web projects can have a spectacular influence on your career growth. Websites are instantly public, can be as high-profile as you make them, and can easily reach the customers or clients you care about most. As you make new plans for your website, I’d be happy to help develop your ideas or offer guidance to ensure your success.
« Previous: Occasional Cool Free Stuff